2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2021 12:59 PM by 1300895

Troubleshoot while performing Category definition and Data Gap Filling with read across with unknown chemical

1300895 New User

As you can see in 2 attachment, very often i get these Troubleshoot while performing Category definition and Data Gap Filling with read across with unknown chemical, how to deal with these

ß

Thanks in advance

• Re: Troubleshoot while performing Category definition and Data Gap Filling with read across with unknown chemical
          1006501 New User

Dear Dr. Singh,

My name is Darina Yordanova and i will be happy to assist you.

Actually these are not troubleshoots, but these messages give indication for the "problem".

Snapshot #1: it indicates that you probably have clicked on the "Define" button. The Define button could be used to define a chemical category, i.e. it is used for searching of analogues to a target chemical. In your case, there is no target chemical in the current list. If you want to search for analogues, please apply right click over one of both structures which are currently on the data matrix, and then select "Set as new target". In this way, the selected chemical will become target and you will be able to search for analogues.

Snapshot #2: it indicates that you have clicked on the Read-across button. The read-across approach (as well as trend analysis) could be applied only to the endpoints, for which experimental data is available. In your case you are trying to apply read-across for Photoinduced toxicity (this is the selected row of the data matrix), where no experimental data is available. Because of that you are not able to perform read-across.

Kind regards,

Darina