3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2013 8:33 AM by 588921

Data download error form IUCLID to the Toolbox

New User

Good afternoon,

we have imported IUCLID files (version 5.4) to the OECD Toolbox (version 3.0) to build our own database. We have used both the webservice and i5z import options and we have faced several problems:

- since we didn't have the option to select the type of data to be imported (experimental, reliability 1 or 2...) we have imported all the data. We believed first that the Toolbox filtered the unrelevant data (QSARs, reliability 3 and 4...) but we found some QSARs values imported in our database.

- we noticied that the Koc value for adsorption/desoption have been imported in the Adsorption/desortion endpoint when a specific endpoint called adsorption coefficient Koc existed. It is problematic for future datagap filling because you cannot consider all the data's of interest.

- we found out that when existing data where already available in the toolbox the data where mixed with our own data in the created database.

- it seems that the new database cannot be save/exported to another computer (we cannot work on the sever version because of our IT security rules)

- we have just installed the new version of IUCLID (5.5) and it seems that it is uncompatible with the OECD Toolbox version 3.0?

Can you help us to solve these issues or do you think these problems could be solved in the future version of the Toolbox?

Thank you.

Geneviève

• Re: Data download error form IUCLID to the Toolbox
          588921 Novice
          - since we didn't have the option to select the type of data to be imported (experimental, reliability 1 or 2...) we have imported all the data. We believed first that the Toolbox filtered the unrelevant data (QSARs, reliability 3 and 4...) but we found some QSARs values imported in our database.

This should not be the case. Only EndpointStudyRecords with values for "Study result type" that are either "experimental result" or "NOT_SPECIFIED" should be imported. If you could send me a test case with non proprietary data I can look into what went wrong.

Reliability is not a filter criteria.

- we noticied that the Koc value for adsorption/desoption have been imported in the Adsorption/desortion endpoint when a specific endpoint called adsorption coefficient Koc existed. It is problematic for future datagap filling because you cannot consider all the data's of interest.

The missing "type" field is known defficiency and is being addressed. It is going to be available in the next release of Toolbox.

- we found out that when existing data where already available in the toolbox the data where mixed with our own data in the created database.

This has always been the case. Data points from all selected databases are displayed on the data matrix at the same time.

-it seems that the new database cannot be save/exported to another computer (we cannot work on the sever version because of our IT security rules)

I'm not sure I understand this. What feature are you reffering to?

- we have just installed the new version of IUCLID (5.5) and it seems that it is uncompatible with the OECD Toolbox version 3.0?

Yes. Toolbox 3.0(and 3.1) cannot import IUCLID 5.5 xml files as IUCLID 5.5 was released after Toolbox.

Regards,
          Georgi

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              New User

Dear Georgi,

thank you very much for your helpful answers. Please find my comments on some of them below.

- we have check again our data uploaded and couldn't find any QSAR value anymore so it was probably our mistake.

- filtering by reliability would be really useful: do you think it will be allowed to do it in the next Toolbox version(s)?

- my question on the access of the created database refers to the fact that we were not able to instal the Toolbox on our server for IT security reasons and so the databas have been created on the Toolbox installed on one computer. My question is "how can we export this new database to allow our colleagues to benefit from it on their Toolbox installed on thir computers?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Geneviève

588921 Novice

- filtering by reliability would be really useful: do you think it will be allowed to do it in the next Toolbox version(s)?

It is not planned for the next version but I will pass along the feature request.

My question is "how can we export this new database to allow our colleagues to benefit from it on their Toolbox installed on thir computers?

The easiest way would be to compress the Toolbox database repository using "fastest" compression level and send the file over the network...