4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2011 10:56 AM by Geoffrey Hynes

How to import biodegradation data?

New User

I'm trying to import an excel spreadsheet of biodeg data into version 2.0 of the Toolbox.

The attached Excel file specifies the headers for our biodegradation data set and one bogus record. The import was partially successful (i.e. the name, CAS and SMILES string were imported) but the data elements were not.

When I deleted the imported database from the Toolbox an error message popped up several times. The text was:

"Access violation at address 0099F16B in module 'Toolbox 2.0.exe'. Read of address 00000000."

Could someone provide advice on what is needed? thanks in advance

• Re: How to import biodegradation data?
          New User

Hi Nils,

I've attached a copy of the path needed to import Biodeg information.

If you hold down the crtl key and click in the grey area, the path name which is required will be underlined.

In this case, the path would be something like:

Environmental Fate and Transport#Biodegradation#Biodegradation in water: screening tests#% Degradation

For the duration you will also need to refer to the import manual as the Duration has some particular behaviours with regard to the check box "is value".

I hope this helps,

Geoff...

New User

Hi Nils,

Under the "is value", select "undefined" and for the following path:

Environmental Fate and Transport#Biodegradation#Biodegradation in water: screening tests#% Degradation

I have attached a file to show how it imports.

Geoff...

New User

OK, thanks.

With your replies I was able to modify my datasheet (attached) and the import was successful. For the data value make sure the "mean value/scale value" radio button is selected. I used the Horizontal type import.

I also changed the field headers to match the names in the Toolbox. That way they're automatically recognized (in bold).

Currently I have the study protocol (OECD 301D) in the comment field. Maybe this should be moved to a more appropriate field? If so, which one?

Any other fields that should be included or that need to be assigned to other metadata?

New User

Hi,

I've placed the OECD guidelines under the heading: Test guideline

This will be automatically picked up during importation.

The metadata for the Phys Chem and Environ Fate & Transport are very straight forward and no further metadata fields really need to be assigned for importation purposes.

I've found that the importation process is much more involved and complicated when assigning metadata to Human Hazard assessment and Ecotox.

Hope this helps.

Geoff...