Policy Package to Address Economic Crisis includes "School New Deal Plan".
It focuses on:
- Prompt reinforcement of school buildings against earthquakes,
- Promotion of the eco-friendly renewal of school buildings through the installation of solar panels, etc.; and
- Creation of an ICT-friendly learning environments, especially in teaching science, at school
See (in Japanese):
- Supplementary budget" by MEXT
- Policy Package to Address Economic Crisis” by the Cabinet
"Vision of School New Deal" by MEXT
- Part of 'crisis package', setting up facilities to promote science education
A decision by the Joint Meeting of the Government and the Ruling Parties Council concerning the Policy Package to Address Economic Crisis and the Ministerial Meeting on Economic Measures: Download the provisional translation of the summary in English
Source: Government of Japan.