Early Childhood Education and Care
Early childhood education and care can bring socio-economic returns to a society at large, enhance equity, bring better education outcomes for children, and promote inter-generational social mobility.
- Professional development of early childhood staff: a key topic for international debate at the 13th OECD Japan Seminar (Tokyo, 7-8 June 2010)
- Financing early childhood education and care services: which participants from 20 countries addressed at the 7th Meeting of the OECD Network on Early Childhood Education and Care (Paris, OECD Headquarters, 21-22 June 2010)
Download the presentations from the meeting: Financing early childhood education and care services
Read the blogs
- Showing and telling
Investing in early education and care is one of the most effective ways to increase long-term education outcomes.
- Caregiver education for better child outcomes
OECD experts explain why professional development matters for child outcomes at OECD-Japan seminar
- Public Policy vs. Parenting Policy
UC Berkeley Professor Bruce Fuller presents the debate on how much government should play a role in teaching young children
- Caring spaces early childhood care
Alistair Blyth of OECD's Centre for Effective Learning Environments (CELE) accentuates the importance of the physical environment for early childhood care
- The State of America's Children: an up side down waffle cone
Dr Cathy Grace,US Children’s Defense Fund, laments about the annual report of the State of America’s Children © 2010
- Putting women and children first
OECD Insights blog rages on reading the NGO Save the Children State of the World’s Mothers 2010 report
- Should we rethink education for under-fives? Watch the video on BBC website
A report issued by the UK Office for National Statistics reveals teaching for toddlers shows no improvement over informal learning by age five.
Do you agree? Vote in the poll now
Join the discussion
The specified item was not found.
- All content on educationtoday concerning pre-school
- Toddler education: the harsh reality of parenting in Nigeria
- UK 'behind' on grandparent childcare provision
- The just released Pixar film, Toy Story 3, has a daycare theme: the gang’s voyage to Sunnyside Daycare where they meet a slew of new characters. The daycare, at first seems like the ideal place for a toy to retire, but it doesn’t take long for the friends to decide differently about that.